Saturday, March 26, 2011

Would you be willing to shave your head?

Yesterday at work I was able to be a part of something that was absolutely amazing!!  The salon I work at is right next to Fresh Market Grocery Store. One of their employees was diagnosed with cancer not too long ago. Her chemotherapy has made her lose all of her hair. Her friends and family came together and shaved their heads to support their sweet friend! Fresh Market sponsored it and they asked my salon to shave their heads.  We gathered together right outside the store and were able to see the smiles on her face as their friends honored her. It really was such a great experience. By the end everyone had tears in their eyes. I was so glad I was able to be a part of it!  It made me think about who I would shave my head for. I really love my hair! and I would have a very hard time shaving my head. But in all honestly, if I was asked for a close family member or friend I would shave my head. 

1 comment: