Thursday, March 24, 2011

It is a new year!

I am so sad that Christmas season has already passed. I love the spirit of Christmas!  I had a great Christmas in Kanab, Utah. It isn't Christmas unless I am in Kanab! The smell of chimney smoke, making Grandma's candy popcorn, having lunch at The Junction, and driving around Christmas Eve with Grandpa looking at the lights. I was able to spend time with  my darling mom, sisters Hillary and Leslie, and my rambunctious nephew Jaiden whom I love so much! We all went to my Uncle Sean's house for Christmas dinner ( yummy prime rib ) and then finished off the night watching Despicable Me. Such a cute movie!!
 New Years was full of laughs and smiles! Much better then last year! :) I went to dinner and a movie with my dear friend Alicia, Ryan (Alicia's husband) Katrina, and Kyle. Alicia and I were mission companions and have been close friends ever since! We had dinner at Olive Garden- which was very comical. Katrina's earring flying across the table to people watching ( mostly at the crazy hair-do's), we had some great laughs. And the other fantastic part of dinner was our waiter brought me a handful of the Andes mints (one of my all time favorites!) After dinner we went to see Little Fockers. Such a funny movie!! I think it is the best one out of all of them! OH I almost forgot.. Kyle has a lifted truck and he took me for a spin.. literally a spin.. in his truck. He spun wheelies in a parking lot! I haven't done that since High School..so much fun.
All in All I am excited for 2011! I know that this will be a better year then the last!  Last year was a rough one to handle, but do I have to say that as miserable and heartbreaking as it all was, I learned a GREAT deal about myself. Stuff that I'm not sure I would have ever learned were it not for those trials (or I might say blessings). I know that during it all I was being watched and care for by many- Heavenly Father, my sweet Mom, sisters, and many dear friends! I am grateful for this new beginning. And if I have any say in it..
                                  IT WILL BE AN AMAZING YEAR! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment